The Best of 2014: Our Favorite Career Articles
By Lee Hecht Harrison on January 27, 2015
With so much career advice available—from writing a resume and interviewing to resolving workplace conflict and honing leadership skills—the sheer volume can be overwhelming. To make it easier, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite articles from 2014 with advice to jump start your career in 2015.
- 45 Things You Might Have on Your Resume (That Need to Be Removed) by Daily Muse Editor. A comprehensive guide to the resume elements that turn off recruiters.
- 11 Habits of Exceptionally Flexible (and Successful) People by Peter Economy. People with flexibility tend to be the happiest and most successful in life and at work. Here are 11 ways the truly flexible live their lives.
- 50 Signs You Might Be an Entrepreneur by John Rampton. Before you strike out on you own, this list may help you determine if you have the discipline, skills and spirit of an entrepreneur.
- 22 LinkedIn Secrets LinkedIn Won’t Tell You by Willliam Arruda. Highlights of LinkedIn advice from previous articles, including little-known tips to reinforce your brand and maximize your reach.
- 35 Of The Most Influential Career Sites For 2014 by Ken Sundheim. A convenient list of some of the best career, interviewing, job search and recruiting websites.
- How to Hunt for a Job Using Social Media by Yohana Desta. Concise overview on how to use sites like Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook to make business connections—and land your next job.
- How to Write a Cover Letter – 31 Tips You Need to Know by Daily Muse Editor. Thirty-one great cover letter tips to make the process as painless as possible.
- 12 Tips for Overcoming Your Fear of Change at Work by Jacquelyn Smith. Change is inevitable within today’s mobile organizations, but it can also produce workforce anxiety. Here’s some advice on conquering the fear of change.
- Find the Coaching in Criticism by Sheila Heen and Douglas Stone. Six steps to understanding the challenges and career benefits of receiving critical feedback.
- 20 Things Successful People ‘Refuse’ to Do by Mo Seetubtim. Here’s how successful people manage to start their days with positive energy and peace of mind.
- The First Things You Need to Do After You Lose Your Job by Lido Citroen. Follow this month-by-month game plan to overcome the fear, anger and disappointment of becoming unemployed unexpectedly and discover how to find your next job.
Leave a Reply